La Malette - 3-Bedroom Cottage
Situated north of St Savinien built on the Charente River. La Malette is in a hamlet between Le Nouillers and St Savinien with lovely walks and cycle routes. St Savinien and St Jean D'Angely are our local towns 5/10 mins drive where you will find restaurants, bars, supermarkets, banks and markets.
The COTTAGE which is named 'SHAN CARRAGH' (meaning old friend in Gaelic) is an intimate but surprisingly spacious stone built cottage which has been sympathetically restored and features beautiful exposed stonework and some exposed beams. It is set within a walled private courtyard which has a purpose built barbecue area. There is a beautiful swimming pool (11m x 5m) with paddling area, which is shared with the farmhouse, and also the use of a variety of bicycles.
- Kitchen with modern units and appliances. Gas cooker, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher,large fridge/freezer, cutlery, crockery and serving utensils.
- A dining area seating six.
- There is a large lounge which is nicely furnished.
- There is a second lounge with a sofa bed which allows flexibility to the sleeping arrangement.
- Stairs leading to a shower room with power shower, wc and hand basin.
- Bedroom 1: double bed.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds.
- Bedroom 3: bunk beds.
- All bedrooms have fitted carpets and are nicely furnished.
- Private walled courtyard with BBQ area and garden table and chairs.
- Bedding and Towels are provided but would ask guests to bring their own beach towels.
- Cots and highchairs can be provided on prior request.
- Electricity and gas included.
The accommodation will be available from 4pm on the day of arrival and vacated 10am departure day. The changeover day for this property is a Saturday.